Monday, March 26, 2012

My Mom's Taco Salad


My mom used to make this for me and my sisters.  It's so yummy and easy to make.  You don't have to remember any measurements either!

1 pd ground beef (I use lean so I don't have to drain it)
1 can of Ranch Style Beans, drained (I sometimes use the ones with jalepenos)
1 head of iceberg lettuce
1 package of taco seasoning
1 tomato, chopped
cheddar cheese, grated
Fritos corn chips
1 small bottle Catalina salad dressing
green onions,  for garnish

Brown the hamburger meat in a large skillet. Add the taco seasoning and cook according to the directions on the taco seasoning packet. When the meat is done add the Ranch Style Beans and cook until the beans are heated through. In a seperate bowl, chop the lettuce and add enough Catalina dressing to coat evenly.  You can add more or less according to your taste. I usually use the whole bottle for a large head of lettuce. Mix in the tomato and cheddar cheese. Top with Fritos and green onions.  That's it!! So, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment