Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pan Roasted Brussell Sprouts.

I once had brussel sprouts when I was in kindergarten.  I hated them.  I haven't had them since and vowed to never eat them again.  Now 25 years later I have become fascinated with them.  Pictures on Pinterest have made me drool. So I gave it a go.  I just kind of went with it after seeing this recipe.

Don't they look amazing? It's because they were!



Ingredients:
1 pound brussel sprouts
6 slices of bacon
3 tablespoons of butter
1 small onion, diced
salt and pepper

1. I removed the outside leaves, rinsed them and cut some of the stem off. They were a little long for my liking.
2. I cooked the 6 slices of bacon until crispy and removed them and let them drain on paper towels.
3. I added the butter to the bacon drippings.
4. I added the onion and sauted them until translucent.
5. I then put in the brussel sprouts and sauted until browned and tender, about 8 minutes.
6. I finished off with pepper and a little salt. I went easy on the salt due to the saltiness of the bacon.

These were so good and I will make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment